The Brandon Area Response to COVID-19
This page is to serve as a resource for all who need a comprehensive list of resources available to the residents of Brandon and the surrounding towns. PLEASE BOOK MARK THIS PAGE – UPDATES WILL BE POSTED HERE!
Free Delivery? – Yes please!
Are you someone who is at a greater risk of contracting the virus and/or unable to access your normal method of getting necessities (food, supplies, pharmacy, etc..)? If so, then you should take advantage of the wonderful volunteers that have stepped up in our community. The Brandon Free Public Library, The Brandon Area Toy Project and the Town of Brandon have partnered to provide a delivery service for people that need the help getting the supplies. How it works is simple:
- Call the retailer and pay for your supplies over the phone.
- Let the retailer know that you are having the delivery service pick-up your items.
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: Who you are, where they ordered from, physical address for delivery, and best contact number. Or you can call Volunteer Coordinator, Colleen Wright (802) 282-6548
- Wait for contact from our vetted volunteer! They will let you know how/when and where it will be dropped off (safely of course with no face-to-face contact)
Brandon Emergency Food Shelf
Brandon has a robust and active emergency food shelf delivery program thanks to the efforts of Director Kathy Mathis and her board of volunteer drivers as well as the generosity of the businesses and people in our community that make donations.
To request emergency food shelf aid: Contact Kathy Mathis: (802) 247-6720 or (802) 247-3121, email@example.com
To make a donation to the food shelf:
Financial donations can be mailed to the Brandon Town Offices, 49 Center Street, Brandon VT 05733.
Food donations are gladly accepted. Please be sure to check the expiration dates on any donations; they cannot accept expired food. They are specifically looking for the following foods.
- Canned Soup, specifically Chicken Noodle, Tomato and Vegetable
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Tuna
- Pasta and Sauce
- Canned Chili
- Canned Meat
- Toilet Paper
We have drop boxes for donations outside of the Brandon Town Office during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Brandon Public Library Services
Want to request Brandon Public Library services? Library Director, Molly Kennedy is working hard to fulfill your requests. Curbside pick-up or FREE delivery (using the above mentioned service). You can also sign up for wellness checks – if you would like us to call you periodically to check in to see if you need anything or enjoy some friendly conversation, please let us know. Molly & Beth are available to you in this way.