Accessibility Home Modification Funds

I have become aware of this resource and share with the community in the hope that it may be helpful.

The Vermont Center for Independent Living offers funds through its “Home Access Program” to qualified individuals with permanent disabilities to provide access ramps and make bathrooms accessible in their homes. Interested parties must submit a completed application, a note from their doctor stating the need for the modification, documentation of household income, and (for homeowners) a property tax bill or (for renters) a completed landlord acknowledgment form. These bathroom must be on the ground floor. Access ramps are modular metal ramps adhering to ADA guidelines.

If you are interested in this assistance, please contact me at (802) 247-3300 [call or text].

Respectfully submitted,
Seth Hopkins, town manager