The Brandon Transfer Station is located at 31 Corona Street and is operated by Wyman’s Timber Harvesting & Services.
COVID-19 Update: We are open normal hours! Due to the virus we are taking new precautions. Everyone is encouraged to stay in your cars and we will come to you. If you would like to get out of your vehicle, please maintain at least 6 feet distancing from workers for your safety as well as ours. Thank you for your cooperation and be safe!
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday – 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Thursday – 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm
- Saturday – 7:30 am to 12:00 noon
- Bagged Trash: $1.50 per bag up to 10 lbs; over 10 lbs add $.18 per pound
- Loose Trash: $20 per yard
- Food Compost: $0.50 per pound for the first 5 pounds. Then it’s $0.10 per pound after that
- Demolition: $50 per yard
- Car and Basic Truck Tires: $5 per tire
- Large Tires: Inquiry
- Used Oil: $1 per gallon
- Metal: Free EXCEPT appliances containing freon
- Appliances containing Freon: $20
- Clean, Unpainted nail free/hardware free wood is FREE
- Brush, grass/leaves are FREE
- Co-mingled (zero-sort) recycling is FREE when you bring garbage on a regular basis. Otherwise it’s $1.00 for every 30 gallon bag.
Effective September 21, 2020:
- At this time, we will no longer be taking e-waste. This includes computers, televisions, and all electronics. We will let you know when we will be taking it again.
- All metal needs to be put into our large container . There will be signs showing you where to put it.
- Food compost. Our food composting needs to contain only food… no paper towels, napkins, wax paper, plastics, k-cups etc… please use a container or one bag to bring it in to us…. not food wrapped in multiple bags.
For the most up to date information, visit the Brandon Transfer Station Facebook Page!
For any questions call the Brandon Transfer Station at (802) 772-5224 or the Rutland County Solid Waste District Recycling Hotline at (802) 773-4083.